Aims of mSSB
The vigorous development of Systems and Synthetic Biology constitutes a huge challenge that must be met both from the research and education perspectives. mSSB represents the first step towards nurturing a new brand of researchers and engineers to face up to the challenge.
The aim of mSSB is to provide students from the Life Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Chemistry, Physical and Computer Sciences a mean to fruitfully engage in collaborative work across disciplinary boundaries, with applications in Systems & Synthetic Biology. Students undertaking the course will gain hands-on experience in experimental Biology, modelling and designing. They will also enhance transversal capacities including planning a project, giving a seminar, perceiving the industrial, economical and ethical issues associated with these developing fields.
Added values of mSSB
- The first Master 2 in France teaching Synthetic Biology
- Scientific environment:
- International environment
- teaching language is English
- half of former students are not French
- Limited number of stipends offered to foreign students
- First row seat in the international Genetically Engineered Machine (iGEM) competition
- Partnership with French leading engineering schools AgroParisTech, CentraleSupelec and SupBiotech
mSSB is part of:
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences and Health of U. Paris-Saclay
- Master’s degree in Integrative Biology and Physiology of U. Paris-Saclay
- 5th year Fundamental research curriculum of Sup’Biotech